Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hello, my name is Kara

And I like to bake. After receiving a lot of support from my friends near and far, I have decided to start my own baking blog. I often find myself day dreaming about what cake flavor combinations would go well together and I can't walk by the baking aisle without taking a detour. I routinely gawk at the rainbow display of beautiful 600 watt Kitchenaid stand mixers. And I love to waste time on Wilton's website and think about making roses out of frosting. And the day that my big sissy sent me The Cake Bible- it was the end all and be all. I am totally hooked.

While I am no baker I find it so wonderfully interesting! I generally prefer to make cupcakes but I am hoping that through this blog I will learn more techniques and in the end of it- be a better baker! So here we go... off to the kitchen to have a cup of tea, watch my husband make me dinner, and look through the cake bible while dreaming about persimmon colored kitchenaid mixers.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Morgan! Posting Snicker doodle cupcakes tonight! I hope that you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, just thought of another book I must send you...if only it wasn't piled under a bunch of other boxes in storage. Someday then. Nick Malghierei's "How to Bake".
    Anyway, I tried to post this earlier but it got lost in iphone silly land. I am SO GLAD you're enjoying The Cake Bible as it sat lonely on my shelf for so many years just wishing somebody would take it out and love it!
    Love you sissy,
    Big sissy

    ReplyDelete