Thursday, November 18, 2010

Things I found in Pennsylvania

Well, I suppose that it is now obvious that I have been on a blogging hiatis. Over the past two weeks I have traveled from Pullman to Puyallup to Portland to Pennsylvania back to Pullman. I don't know why exactly I gravitate towards cities that begin with a "P" but I enjoyed every visit that I shared with my family and friends.

This past weekend I met my brother Brady and his fiancee Heather in Pennsylvania. The goal of the weekend was to veg out as much as possible while eating incredible food. While enjoying a spectacular time with Brady and Heather I happened to run across two incredible culinary finds that I just had to share with you. The first being fresh raw milk from local grass fed Jersey cows! In case you did not know- raw milk is illegal in many states - so I snatched it up and made a batch of ricotta cheese with it. It was so rich and creamy- unlike any other milk that I have ever tried. Here is a picture that documents that I actually purchased it!


Another awesome find was my 5" x 2" round cake pans at a wonderful kitchen store in the Italian Market in downtown Philadelphia. Since moving out to the Palouse, I have realized that it is nearly impossible for Matt and myself to eat an entire 9" three layer cake- nor should we try! So with this spectacular find I am sure that my layered cake making will increase exponentially!


Thank you again for visiting my blog. Although I haven't posted in a while I have been baking up a storm. Hopefully soon I will be able to get my act together and create some more posts!

Until then, Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment