Saturday, April 16, 2011

Brady & Heather's Wedding



As many of you know, I was asked by my bro-bro to make his wedding cake! I was at first a little nervous- I have never made a wedding cake before! On top of that the wedding was in Arizona so I needed to figure out how I was going to do this away from my own kitchen. Minor stresses aside, I was thrilled to do something so special for the beautiful couple- it was the least that I could do!

So here are some pictures from their beautiful day showcasing the 3 tiered wedding cake that I threw together for them. The majority of these pictures are the professional photos from their big day- photographed by  Christopher Leigh Studios, Scottsdale, AZ. They did an incredible job!

To get your salivary glands going - It was a chocolate butter cake with whipped chocolate ganache and raspberry coulis filling, and all wrapped up with a white chocolate cream cheese frosting. It had a pink ribbon on each tier with hand-placed edible pearls lining the ribbon. Lastly, it was further embellished with chocolate initials and chocolate leaves to compliment the fresh flowers.









Heather and Bridesmaids!

I just had to include Matt- he is so handsome!


Cutting the cake!

Tastes Good!!!




Beautiful Happy People! Congratulations Brady and Heather! I love you!



4 comments:

  1. Coming from the bride-- this was the best cake ever!!! Everyone raved about it and it outshown me! My new sister is AMAZING both in and out of the kitchen and I just love her so dang much :) Thanks again Kara for being such a memorable part of our day! Love you! And...can we wrangle you for the tenth anniversary cake? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful and delicious! You are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather! You don't have to wait ten years for me to make you another cake! You are so such a wierdo! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kara! You are so talented! What a success! Beautiful pictures, too! Rock on :)

    ReplyDelete