Tuesday, February 8, 2011

15.6 miles of Pain



Well I think that the inevitable is going to happen. I thought that I would have this blog be "just" about baking but since I began weaning myself off facebook I think that I need to talk about the 4th love of life. Let me remind you what the ranks are: Matt (I will also throw the rest of family in this rank to avoid any hard feelings), Friends and Dog Friends, crazy super awesome plant science stuff, and then running. Yup- that means that baking is number 5. I am a little surprised by that too!

Over the weekend I managed to rope Matt's bromance into running 10 miles with us. He exercises regularly but he hasn't run this distance before. Needless to say he impressed the H-E-double hockey sticks out of me and ran 11 miles with us like it was no big deal!! Wow-zahs!!

So now that he has exposed me to his natural ability to run I am trying to rope Matt and bromance into doing a 25k with me on April 3rd.

I have been eyeing this event for the past month and the pictures are simply breath taking! And by judging from the elevation gains - they will also be breathtaking!!

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the stadium stairs. It will leave me sad-looking and sweaty but if I am going to conquer these climbs I need to start kicking my butt!! And if you are at all interested in checking out this spectacular event check out this blog that is created for advertising these incredible trail runs:

http://yakimaskylinerim.blogspot.com/


Alright- until next time!

Peace and Love,

Kara

2 comments:

  1. Kara, I love this blog and the fact that it's about more than baking! I just enjoy reading your writing. Sorry I don't comment more! Your blog fan, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! You are super sweet! Thank you for your fanship!!!!! XOXOX love to Korea!!!!

    ReplyDelete