Saturday, June 25, 2011

Baking Extravaganza 2011: Mission 4 tiered Wedding Cake

I am pretty sure astronauts can see this cake from space
A couple of months ago my friend Michelle asked me to make her wedding cake. My response: Duh! Well today is the wedding day. This is one epic cake and here are some crazy pictures from what I have been doing the past 24 hours!


It will be a four tiered wedding cake. The size of the tiers are 12, 10, 8 and 6 inch round cakes. Each tier is about 10 inches! Talk about drama! The bottom layer is white velvet cake with Bavarian cream and fresh blueberries. The 10 inch round is a chocolate cake with whipped chocolate ganache and raspberry coulis! Then the last top tiers are red velvet with Bavarian cream. The entire cake is frosted with white chocolate cream cheese frosting.

Check out those blueberries!

Chilling to the max! The top tier was being "worked" on at this point

Now that's enough fun for a day- time to go wash the frosting residue off my body and load this bad boy in the car- because we care driving to good ol' P-town to stack and dress him up for his big debut!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Happy Drooling,

Kara

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I so wish we had known you when we got married. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete